Sunday, June 19, 2005

Absolutely Positively Corrupt

I love Wellington and I'm heartbroken about how the council seems to be destroying it slowly. I used to look out on a scrub-covered hillside which was far too precipitous to build on. Or so I thought. The council has given planning permission for houses to go there. Why? Must they destroy every single piece of green in the city so that an inept council can rake in more rate money? Is our mayor so taken with "Lord of the Rings" that she thought she'd copy Saruman? I wonder if she and her beloved (property developer) husband would like it if someone built several blocks of flats on her back yard. I'm heartily sick of seeing parks and reserves and even fountains disappear under yet more concrete. I'm also sick of those people who voted for the mayor because they thought she was doing a good job - WAKE UP!
mmm think I'd best go and calm down. No doubt will tkae up the subject again later - I could rant on for hours!

1 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

It's almost enough to make you move to Makara - no, wait, they're going to build a massive wind farm there...

10:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home