Sunday, May 08, 2005

sniffles

I have a cold and I'm feeling very sorry for myself.
Yesterday I went to a rubber stamp sale and spent too much money on stuff I didn't really need. Oh well, you can't take it with you. I have been making quite a few cards recently, so I do feel a little justified. I have raised $25 for the Mary Potter Hospice by selling my cards to colleagues. Funny how people will spend $5 on a mass produced card, but balk at $3 for a handcrafted one.
I am also knitting yet another scarf, this time in green 'feathers' for my bestest buddy bear. Not sure that she really wants one - think she was just humouring me!
Oh yes, the wallpaper stripping - what a dumb idea. I actually think it would be easier to take the gib down and replace it. As I'm feeling lousy anyway today, I may as well get on with it.

2 Comments:

Blogger gerbera said...

next time I go shopping (for craft) I will have to keep in my head "Oh well, you can't take it with you". Mind you, I can't take that mountain of wool with me either, or can I?

9:56 am  
Blogger Violet said...

I know what you mean about the attitude towards hand-made or home-made stuff. You figure that if so-and-so made it then you could too, and save yourself the 5 bucks. But of course it's never as easy as it looks. Maybe if you said they were hand-crafted by blind Tibetan nuns or something...

4:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home