Saturday, April 30, 2005

I'm ba-ack

It's been a busy few weeks and I haven't fancied getting on the computer when I get home.
The poncho is finished. It ended up costing about $60. As I'm never likely to wear it, it was a bit of a waste. I think I'm having trouble because I was a little girl last time they were fashionable and I had 2 lovely ones crocheted by my Great Grandma. I just feel stupid wearing one now.
I've had a weekend trip to Melbourne. I attended a MasterCard course on the Friday which was truly excellent. Saturday was free for shopping and Sunday I caught up with one of my favourite friends and her lovely family.
I have finished Lou's scarf and was going to send it to her. However, she was rude about the bracelet I made her, so perhaps I'll keep the scarf! Or maybe I'll give it to her when she visits.
Went to see Miss Congeniality 2 last night with some girlfriends. I really liked it, so who cares what the critics say? I got back home to find Taffy looking very grey. He spent most of the night being ill (v. polite version).
We went to see the Hobbit stage show which has now been cancelled. I can see why. It was definitely a play for kids, although they seemed not to have captured the fun and mischievousness of the book. They stuck to the story well, but the acting was dire as were the costumes. If it was aimed at kids, a minimum ticket price of $40 would put off most families.
Well, I've rambled on enough. Time to go and start stripping wallpaper.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

What a pity about The Hobbit. though I always thought it was be very difficult to do it as a stage play considering how differently LOTR was made. Give your poncho to a teenager.

12:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home