Friday, June 09, 2006

Back in Blighty

Well, we are back in England and so far I have mixed feelings. I love being back with my family and my baby niece is adorable.
However, it's going to be hard to get used to the sheer number of people. In spite of their reputation, people in the south are very friendly. World Cup fever is in the air and St. Georges Cross is flying from cars, homes, pubs etc.. Personally, I'd trade it all in to watch the rugby tests this weekend.
We are thinking of living in Poole and Taffy has sent his CV off. As the homemaker, I'll wait until we are settled before job seeking. I hope there will be non-IT opportunities here. We're a bit shocked by the price of everything and the amount of taxes, but we'll get used to it.
It's really hot and sunny here. I've already been shopping and bought 2 new outfits including shoes. That would have taken weeks in Wellington.
I've been to Sainsbury's every day and I'm amazed at the range of products avaliable. I feel a bit foreign in my own country at the moment - oh well, at least I speak the language!

1 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

Do the natives all think you sound like a Kiwi?

8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home