Thursday, February 23, 2006

Feelings

There's been a lot of to-do recently about cartoons depicting religious icons in offensive manners. Now I don't subscribe to any religion and nothing offended me personally. However, it got me to thinking (an amazing feat) about how the 'human' race is degenerating. If something really offends and hurts people, then why do it? We should have more consideration and compassion for our fellow men even if we don't always understand or agree with their beliefs. It would make the world a nicer place if we just respected other people.
As for the freedom of the press - Phwa!
How would that cartoonist like it if we took whatever he held dear and mocked it and put it out for the rest of the world to see?

1 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

I agree with you, though more than once I've offended someone completely unintentionally with something I said.

12:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home